Sunday, March 13, 2011

Raw Challenge (halfway point)

This never ending winter has taken its toll on my mood, my drive and has lead me a little off track with my goals. Last weekend I decided Monday would be the start of something fresh and new. A challenge to keep me interested and goal to work towards. I have been testing out a lot of raw recipes... and I am not really one for diets or cleanses... so I went with a raw challenge. It is in no way a diet as I am not decreasing calories or fats. In fact, I am probably taking in more with all these nuts I have been eating.

My take away from the experience thus far has been positive. I pack enough lunch and snacks for work that I don't find myself nibbling on the cookies or treats that are in the back. Money is being saved because I no longer drink my "double americano non-fat misto with one pump of chocolate please". I go to bed satisfied but never guilty (yes I do get post pig-out guilt). It might be a placebo effect but I do feel like I have more energy in the mornings which gets me to the gym faster.

The only 2 things that I have had this week that aren't raw are edamame beans and coffee (it's a challenge not torture) I have been making the most delicious salads, shakes, and cereals (made of chopped nuts, groats and almond milk). My goal for this week is to make some really challenging and cool raw recipes. I will post them when I make them!

If you're like me, you need to constantly be challenged in order to stay interested. It doesn't have to be food or fitness related. Choose things you have always wanted to do, give yourself a by-when, get creative and have fun doing it!

ps. Icing on the cake? I have lost 2 lbs... first 2 lbs I have managed to lose in over a year!
HAPPY DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment