Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Michael's manly man muffins

A couple of weeks ago my brother asked me to make him: high calorie, high protein, healthy, healthy breakfast muffins. So for a small fee, I got started. I have made him three rounds of muffins, each being slightly different depending on what kinds of fruit and nuts I have around the house and what was looking fresh at the grocery store. Last night I made him another batch and actually managed to write down what I was putting in it so I could share with you. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I hate recipes and only follow them when I know someone else will be eating my creation. But because its just my brother.... I play it by ear. These muffins turned out tasty, note: don't expect it to taste like a Tim Hortons breakfast muffin, because it's not going to. However, next time I plan on using muffin cups.

Michael's manly man muffins
2 chopped apples
1 + 1/2 mashed bananas
1 + 1/2 cups 10 grain cereal
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup quinoa
1tbsp Salba seeds
2 eggs
1 large handful of raisins
1 handful slivered almonds
1 handful pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1 tbsp honey
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 medium sized yam (pre-baked)

Mix it all up and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes. I drizzled a bit of honey on top of the baked muffins to make them a bit more appealing to the eye. This recipe made 21 muffins and 8 mini loafs. Moist, chunky and delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment