Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A short little run is better than no little run.

Lack of sleep, a lingering head cold, and frigid air doesn't exactly put me in the mood for a run. I am sure at least some of you agree. This cold weather has got me running from my car to the house or work and that is about as far as my outdoor workouts go. However, the thing with running out in the cold is, it is never as bad as you think it's going to be. Once you get started and your body temperature regulates, it is actually incredibly refreshing. It took me a while to get motivated today, but finally I sucked it up and went for a short run outside. It was only -6C today, which reeeeeeally isn't that bad. I wore a swiftly tech racerback under my lululemon running pullover from a couple years ago and a scuba hoodie. On the bottom I just wore a pair of luon pants; comparable to the Astro pants, with my favourite ski socks. Keeping your head covered is important because dad always said you lose your heat out of the top of it. This was the perfect amount of layers but because of the wind I was wishing I would've worn my neck warmer. Runs are great because no matter how long you go for, you are still better off than when you left. Getting of the house and getting some fresh air, even in the dead of winter, is necessary to keeping a sane mind. It doesn't take much, just a few laps around the block will do. Now get out there and run till you break a sweat but be sure you get inside before it freezes. 
Cuffins  are a winter runner's best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment