Monday, December 27, 2010

Post-Christmas love

 Christmas is over and we all have one thing on our minds. Get this turkey dinner and sugar overload off my body!! The gym was CRRRRRAZY today so I know I am not the only one feeling like this. What are your health goals for the new year? Are they smart goals? are they measurable? Are they realistic? I always hear my friends say they workout because "I need to get skinny" or "I don't want to get fat" well..... ok thats neat but what is fat and at what point are you skinny? How much fun can life be when you spend it trying not to get fat? This year try something different. Train for a marathon or a 10k, join a new workout class, or just find a friend that will hold you accountable for getting your butt in to the gym even when it is the very last thing in the world that you want to do. Change what your ideal body is. If you are looking at movie stars and lusting after the thought of having their frail little bodies, turn on Sportsnet and watch a track meet. Now those are BEAUTIFUL bodies! Be strong, Feel empowered and confident, Challenge yourself every day. Strive not for numbers on a scale but for improvements in your fitness and health.

Very Merry Christmas and  Healthy New Year!

Ps. Playlist today: new Kanye West and Lykke Li. So good.
Pps. Ash Niz showed me this one and I will definitely be making it this week!
http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2007/03/vegetarian-mulligatawny.html

No comments:

Post a Comment