Monday, January 3, 2011

Gym Day!

I have had a few people ask me for workout ideas lately and this is one I sent to my stepmom yesterday. She was looking for a full body blast. I did it this morning and my arms are soo tired now. You know you have had a successful upper body workout when you can't lift your arms long enough to put your hair in a pony tail after.

20 min. Stair Climber. Program: Calorie burn Level:12

3 sets of 15:
Left leg step back lunge
Right leg step back lunge
Dumbbell deadlift with 15lb dumbbell in each hand
Sumo squat with 15lb dumbbell
Explosive step ups onto Bench (15 each leg)

20 min. Elliptical. Program: Random Level:12

3 sets of 15:
Alternating Dumbbell curls with 15lb Dumbbells
Military press (I used 15 lb dumbbells for first two sets and 10 lb for the last one)
15 pushups
15 bench dips

4 min ab planks (1 min: front 1min:Left side 1 min: right side 1 min:front) no rest 

Total time: 1 hour 15 min Calorie burn: 660


Rest between sets is really up to you. I choose to rest for only short periods to keep my heart rate up. I feel like I should put a disclaimer that I am not a personal trainer, this is just a workout that I did and you can use it for ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment