Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Waaaayyy too cold out there today!

I packed up all my gym gear this morning stepped outside to start my car, changed my mind about the whole "hit the gym idea" and immediately walked back inside. Today is a home workout kind of day. Only leave the house when it is absolutely necessary... like when I have to go to work. I was able to come up with a full body workout with what I have at home. 1 set of dumbbells (my boyfriends and they're SUPER heavy), stairs, open space and a stop watch.

Tuesday's hermit workout:

3 Sets of:

  • 15 pushups (5 regular, 5 wide arm, 5 narrow arm)
  • 15 dips (heels on floor hands on: bath, couch, bed, whatev!)
  • 1 min arm circles (30 forward, 30 backward)
  • 10/ side bicep curl (find anything that you can hold in one hand that has weight to it)
  • 20 burpees
3 sets of:

  • 20 body weight squats (focus on form to make them count)
  • 10/ leg step back lunge (keep you knee squared up over your toes)
  • 20/ leg kickbacks (on your hands and knees keep leg bent at 90 degrees, kick heel to the roof. Your butt should be burning!)
  • 25 calf raises ( I used my stairs)
  • 25 jumping jacks
5 minute ab planks

  • 90 seconds front
  • 60 seconds left side
  • 60 seconds right side
  • 90 seconds front ( I had to take 15 second break before the last 30 seconds)
This workout only took 38 minutes and I was sweating, breathing hard and my muscles were burning. You can change around this workout to fit your needs but push yourself!!! We workout to get better not stay the same.

Stay warm!! Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Just went on a little run in the rain in the ranch, then did this by the woodfire, finally I'm warmed up! I miss you T! Thanks for the workout keep em' coming

    ReplyDelete