Monday, January 10, 2011

Health on the Go: PART DEUX

Ok so this product should have been included in my last post but it completely slipped my mind.

I discovered Kombucha tea a couple years ago in Reno. The first sip offers a completely unexpected flavour but after a while it grows on you, then you start to crave it and next thing you know your drinking one a day. Well at least thats how it went with me. It comes in lots of different flavours. I always feel cleansed and refreshed after I drink it. It has a slightly vinegar-type taste and has trace amount of alcohol in it. There are also many believed health benefits from it. I copied this information from my favourite go-to for info.: Wikipedia

"Kombucha has been shown to be antimicrobial,[1][2] anticancer,[1] to have hepatoprotective qualities,[3] and to be antioxidative.[4][5] Proponents also commonly claim kombucha increases energy, sharpens eyesight, aids joint recovery, improves skin elasticity, aids digestion, and improves experience with foods that 'stick' going down such as rice or pasta although these claims are unverified.


Be brave and try it!!! They sell quite a few different kinds at Planet Organic and if anyone sees it somewhere else please comment it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment