Wednesday, January 19, 2011

If you don't like it, don't do it

Workouts are not something you should dread. You should go into it excited about the endorphins and empowerment that is about to come your way. I have heard a few times in the past week alone... "I know I should do it.... but" or "ugh do I have to do another set?" I have been working out with a few different friends lately and leading them through workouts that I enjoy, but am learning that they are not for everyone. On the other hand you can't just say "I don't like working out" That just means you haven't found your niche. There are so many different options and people who are amazing/kick ass/ can't be beat at one may be absolutely terrible at the other simply because it bores them or frustrates them. The key to enjoying your workouts is shopping around. Find out what you like and try EVERYTHING.

I thought I only liked hot yoga, now that I have tried other kinds (SATTVA!!!!) I like them way more then hot, but Kimmer would much rather hit up the Moksha studio. It is all personal preference and there is no RIGHT workout. Do what you want and &*^% the rest. I believe that was a Little Miss Sunshine quote.love that Movie.

I had a great workout today and my friend Renay joined me for some circuits. I brought mountain climbers back into my life. Great for keeping your heart rate up when you are doing your weight circuits.



Dinner tonight was simple and delicious (dinner for the impatient)


Quinoa w/ little bit of mozzarella cheese, fried egg+mushrooms, fresh tomato, olive oil, himalayan sea salt and ground pepper. Just a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment