Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Almond Mylk bliss

This morning I made almond mylk for the first time ever and it's soo simple. I had all the ingredients on hand already and the only tool you need is a blender.

blend:
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup pitted dates
1 tablespoon of vanilla (or one vanilla bean)
5 cups of water
pinch of sea salt

My blender isn't the best in the world at blending (as you can see there are some almond chunkees) but it does the trick. And those little pieces of crushed vanilla soaked almonds are delish so Im not even mad. Below you can see my almond mylk misto aka cheap black coffee with almond mylk foam on top. I am really excited that I can make this stuff at home now. Gotta save money so I can get to thailand!!!! -----one dollar at a time :)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE ALMOND MILK- this is really cool Taryn!
    yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am proud that looks delicious. I do about half coconut and half water and it's pretty tasty...you need a vitamix girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, im hoping one magically appears in my cupboard!!!!! I was going to do coconut water!!!!! ill do it next time for sure. Miss you Ames!!!!

    ReplyDelete