Saturday, February 12, 2011

homemade lara-like bars

My friend Miranda showed me this recipe the other day. Perfect timing because Costco is out and I really can't be spending 3$ a bar... That's just Ludacris. They are super simple and only a few ingredients which is great for me because I HATE shopping lists and long recipes are extremely intimidating.

1/2 cup soaked, pitted dates
1/2 cup dehydrated bananas (my granny got me a dehydrator last yr for xmas, best granny in the world!)
1 1/4 cup soaked Raw almonds

=6 bars

(next time I am going to make it 1/3 cup of the dates and bananas)

mash the dates and bananas in food processor till it looks like goo... a minute or two?? put aside
put the almonds in the food processor till they are all mashed up, I added a few splashes of coconut water to help with the goo process. mix it all together in a bowl and separate into little bars or big bars whatever you choose. I make them small because they are pretty filling little delights.

No comments:

Post a Comment