Friday, February 4, 2011

Killer workout with Kimmer!!!!

So my good friend and fellow Lemon, Kim, has HUGE fitness goals for 2011 and I am soooo excited to teach her what I have learned and use my massive databank of workouts to help her reach her goals. It's sweet for me too because she is a massage therapist (check her out at Moksha Yoga Edmonton south/ Balance Massage) and she hooks me up with free massages. It is also good learning for me because I am not a personal trainer, I have just honestly been working out SERIOUSLY since I was 13 years old (here we go ski racing!) I have a tendency to assume that everyone can do every exercise so working out with Kim has taught me how to scale the workouts and get back to basics with form and balance. I gotta say, She goes hard!! and it is truly an inspiration to watch her push herself far beyond her comfort zone.

20 minutes elliptical level 12, rpm above 6.5, last 5 min level 13 (get your heart rate going)

3 rounds of:
30 squat jumps over the BOSU
50 ab rows with weighted bar
20 ab twists with weighted bar
20 pushups

20 min elliptical level 12

2 rounds of:
20/leg bulgarian split squats with 15lb dumbells (ouuuuuuch!!)
upper body burn (25lb plate: 10bicep curls bottom to 90Degree, 10 bicep top to 90degrees, 10 full bicep curls, 10 overhead tricep overhead extension, 10 *chest pushes*) no rest between exercises.

15 min elliptical cool down (switch it up with backward and forward movement)

*Chest pushes: hold plate to your chest and push straight forward so your arms are full extended (I have no clue what the proper name is for this one :)

If you hate the elliptical you can do any cardio machine. I have problems with my sacrum so running has to be kept to 3 times a week max (sad panda) and I find that the elliptical loosens it up. But, your choice!!!

Our total workout was an hour and forty minutes with a 760 calorie burn. The workout I described can easily be tailored for different fitness levels i.e. less reps, less weight, female vs male pushups, with/without BOSU ball, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment