Sunday, February 20, 2011

Raw Cashew Pesto

After consuming my weight in pasta and pesto one pre-season training trip to Switzerland, I had to take a 6 year hiatus from the stuff (pesto, definitely NOT pasta <3) Thank G my love for it is back, although now I have learned to moderate my consumption habits. This particular pesto is simple to make as long as you have a food processor. I found this recipe on http://littlehealthmonster.blogspot.com/2010/09/raw-vegan-cashew-pesto.html

Cashew Basil Pesto:

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup raw cashews
  • 2 cups chopped basil
  • 1-2 garlic cloves (depends on taste, I used 1.5)
  • 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt (I used Himalayan) 
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
  • 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons water


Blend all together!!! I put mine on my raw bread sandwiches as well as over quinoa with a fried egg and fresh, chopped tomatoes. Delicious and easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment